Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Last Stand

Well, This is the last post for this year - goodbye 2005. War, natural disasters and terrorist attacks, vast advances in medicine, literature and computing - 2K5's seen it all. I cannot say that this year has been kind to me - the school staff that we have to tolerate must be the result of karma born out of countless crimes over the last ten lives.
In 90 minutes 2006 will be upon us ! And so, at the Last Stand of this year, one can only wait and hope, as the incomparable Dumas said in the voice of the Count of Monte Cristo, and say :

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
It matters now how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Goodbye, 2005 - Nayabed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!