Friday, April 21, 2006

Rorys

Well, I have been extremely .. busy is not the right word.. occupied... for the last few days - I was trying out notpron. There are 138 levels, and the object on each level is to somehow get to the next level using the clues on the page to find the URL of the next page, or the username and password required .The riddles are very addictive ( I'm on level 45 right now, and I came to know about the site the day before yesterday ) - many of them require the use of Photoshop ( in some cases an exif editor can be very handy - if you do not have one, you can just open the jpeg file in notepad and scroll for legible text, or maybe search for "city" or "location"), or in some cases, downloading the background music and in many other cases URL modification is needed and the sense uncommon in common man is absoloutely essential. If anyone wants hints - hints, NOT answers, I will not give out the answers outright - but, if you want hints, email me ( I might later put up the hints on the blog itself ). If you want the hints for a level, do not just send me the number - I do not have them memorized; send me a description of the page, or the URL, or the picture ( the last one is probably the best ). Levels get slightly challenging after level five or so, and although the increase in difficulty level is not completely uniform, on the whole, the riddles get harder as you go on.
I took Guru, Kunal and Rajat (a-z) to ITC Sonar Bangla Sheraton on Wednesday - we took a tour around the place, and had lunch at the Eden Pavillion ( free, as is usual with me and ITC )- the food was, as usual, excellent : all of us, except Rajat ( who had more dessert than actual food ) ate like Shabir. I asked Dasgupta to come, and later Swastik, but they couldn't make it. Oh well.
IMPORTANT NOTE : those of you who want short videos of school ( like Sharma teaching, or Arup asking Bijon " Aapnar love marriage na arranged marriage ? " ) - mail me.
Good(s) Bye(s), from, The Divine Kurta ( as my speech recognition software puts it ).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy solving riddles!
i do not have much time right now as I have to constantly go and get water as the drasted pump has conked out.Am rather disgusted