Thursday, February 09, 2006

SORRY

I am really, Really, REALLY sorry for the L o n g wait, but it was not through choice - I lost my password. But, Now that I'm back...
Jishnu Das called me about three minutes ago...
J : Hello, ami Jishnu bolchi.
D : Ki holo bol.
J : Are you free tomorrow ?
D : Why ?
J : There is a writing competition on tomorrow and I was thinking that you might want to...
D : WHAT ?!! Our ISC starts in less than 14 days, and I have just opened Bhatnagar to learn incorrect definitions of useless things for the first time and and and EXPLAIN.
J : Hey, don't get so angry - Fowshow calls me up a few minutes ago, and this is after nine, and tells me that there is some book-writing competition
D : What in the name of Irodov is a book writing competition ?
J : How the hell should I know ? As I was saying, He says that there is this competition at St.James' tomorrow, and he insists that I go to school tomorrow, get a letter of authorization from him and go to St.James' and prarticipate in the contest which starts at nine - so I have less than a 12 hour warning, and I have to go by cab to school for some STUPID contest that our STUPID headmaster decided to enrol our school in.
D : ....
J : WELL ?
D : So... I am sympathetic and all, but why are you calling ME ?
J : Isn't it obvious ?
D : No.
J : YOU could go. I cannot refuse him to his face - I am still part of the school, kintu jedin school hoye jabe, na, ami akta bodo gamla jol niye jabo, aar jabar shomoye mathaye dhele debo, aar tarpor na,
D : Yes, Yes that's all very good, but how should I go ?
J : Gari kore. Aabar kibhabe jabi ?
D : Ekhon raat showa nota baje. Aami gari shaataye chere diyechi. Kalke gari dupure aashche. Aami jodi jai, aamake Salt Lake theke taxi kore Park Circus, mane motamuti 250-300 taka khoroch kore jete hobe.
J : Um.. tor to prochur taka aache, ja na.
D : Tui Aniket ba Daviske bole dakh naa. Aamar pokkhe jawa Impossible - one, my parents will kill me if I do this less than two weeks from my boards, two, I have no viable means of getting there..
J : Taxite jete na chash, buse kore..
D : I, go by Bus ? How dare you even concieve of such a horrific idea ? Such a travesty shall NEVER I repeat NEVER occur.
J : Well, ami akhun ki korbo ? Ami to jete chai na !
D : Aamio jete chai na, ar ami jabo na. Tui to kachei thakish, ar tor to sudies ek bochor aagei hoye gache. Tui ja na.
J : Gnaa...
D : Ami bolchi shon, call foshow, and tell him to find someone else, preferably from 11, or try calling Aniket. O to eishobe interested.
J : Kintu...
D : Kintu abar ki ? Ami jeta bolchi sheta kor.
J : Aar ki hobe. Bye, then.
D : Bye.

Foshow is stupid, no ?
COMMENT.

2 comments:

Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

Stupid is an understatement, no ?

sv3 said...

Foshow is stupid, no ?

Is there really any need to ask a question whose answer we all know?