Saturday, February 18, 2006

And so it Ends

Eshmile !

The next Bird Disease : Avian Gas.

Well, as they said after Atlantis was destroyed, 'it's all over. You can go home now." - We had our farewell from the Alumnorum Societas yesterday, and it was A Memorable Event - Good Memorable, because we got free caps and food, and there were one or two good speeches - Fr.Boris started his speech with : " If I sound a bit hoarse, it's not because I am choked up with emotion." ( He did not start with the traditional "Allright" - this, for those of you who are not acquainted with him, is like a government being concerned for its people, like Einstein endorsing Quantum theory, like Jishnu being humble - okay, maybe not THAT incredible, but still staggeringly improbable. )
On the other hand, we had speeches by " Doss. Rajiv Doss." and Fohshow. They obviously use some definition of communication that I am not familiar with - "Horrible" doesn't quite cut it. Mr. Doss had this ghastly pseudo-American cum pseudo-English cum quasi-ancient Sumerian accent and I am certain that he had been through the notebook of quotes collected my me which is supposed to be with rubidium ( Rb), because all the quotes he used are from the first two pages of the book. Then, of course, there was the BIG F. The Big Bad Wolf has nothing on Fohshow. A speech given by the headmaster of one of the best schools in the cultural heart of the largest democracy in the world consisted of six minutes of pure unadulterated garbage. drivel. nonsense. hogwash. ( if you are still unable to get the point, go away.). I shall neither describe, nor reveal any portion of his speech here, for my conciense ( notice the incorrect spelling ? ) will not allow me to commit the unforgivable sin of unleashing one of HIS speeches upon unsuspecting innocents.
Davis won the Best Xaverian award, ( GO DAVIS !!!), and everybody knew that he would win, but he went up on stage and said " I honestly wasn't expecting this - especially the speaking part. I am very very bad at speeches.". Then we had the prize distribution, and went onto the field.
Prayag's mother's speech and the ITC guy's speech were quite good, but the best part of the evening was probably all of us shouting " Aayien " ( That just DOES NOT WORK in English, does it ? )
We had a lot of fun, eating ( the school supplied some a lot of food, and as usual, yours truly was also involved in the financing of the all round PetPuja ), shouting "Aayien" ( That Just Doesn't Work in English, does it ? ), ane releasing lots of baloons ( childish, but oddly satisfying. ) and , well, just having a great time.
For those of you who were not there, you missed a great day, and we missed you, Autrri, Dibyayan, Neel ( A-z order, so you don't kill me. ) and all you 2k6 denizens of SXC.

- Bye, Debayan Gupta .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of in tears right now, after reading all that. Looking at those pictures, i see one big family, as corny as that might sound. I miss you guys a lot, and it elates me to know those of us that were'nt able to join you in person, were present in your hearts at the very least. Thank you for the good times,memories and laughs. No matter where we head in the future, it'll always be 'once a xaverian, always a xaverian'. It's been a little more than two years now, but 'nihil ultra' rings true for both now and the future. I hope someday we'll all meet up again, and share these formative memories that although so fragmented, encompass us all as one indelible experience - Dibyayan Basu

sv3 said...

I'm alos feeling kinda sad.

I'll be missing this too - I'll probably be doing my 12th Grade in the US. But as Deb says, once a Xaverian, always a Xaverian!

Do keep me briefed on your college application stuff... thats the kind of stuff they dont teach you at school.

sv3 said...

Ami California jabo.
The 95% bit, I;m not sure... but definitely a 90. I still have no clue ho easy or tough their exams are, na.

We'll stay in touch. I trust your email ID is still the same one?
Shobhik