Monday, November 27, 2006

Wednesday Thursday Friday

Winter winter, when will you be here ? Its the end of November, and I am still comfortable in half sleeves... its not even cold enough to deter my neighbours from playing badminton in the evening.. and when I say bad, I mean bad.
Foolish winter.. touching and teasing, but refusing completion. The weather is most uncomfortable - I feel far too warm with the fan off, and frozen, with it on.

Honours internal practical examinations are over, and I am free ! At least, I insist that it should be so. I will update contact lists, make quiz questions.. anything non academic will do. I'm boooorred. Watched Numb3rs but it turned out to be a rerun.. There's nothing on TV other than those-evil-soaps-that-start-with-k (I used to think of her as an old lady.. y'know, grey hair, on a rocking chair, weaving stories out of reflections from old mirrors). Books to read, but nothing new... hmm.. perhaps
We were force fed UNIX shell script today.. urrgh. Not only does it taste bad, it doesn't even look nice. Mathematics class saw the advent of envelopes, while the Bengali (when, oh when will I be free of the dreaded subject `_`) teacher spoke about what Rabindranath Tagore could have written.. but didn't.

Went to CCD and had Chocolate Fantasy again.. ooohhhhhh... ridiculously overpriced, but when you start salivating within sight of it, it's worth whatever you paid for it. Had a discussion about Bollywood, and its inability to turn out anything worth watching that cannot be measured in flesh inches. Where is the next Sholay ? Films like Dhoom : 2, are of the come and go variety.. you watch them once, and its over. All 'timeless classics', it seems, were completed at least two decades ago.

Mbleh. Have far too many weddings to attend in the next few days.. 't seems everybody's getting married.. presents to buy, relatives to tolerate, oh, the things I do for society !

Also,... Watched the Indian team play cricket. Regretted it. Four hours, three bottles of coke, two packs of chips, and my national pride, all went down the drain.. and a very unwholesome gutter at that. Pitiful play, absolutely miserable tactics, and alas (!) , no rain. The most irritaing thing was that Kemp was not even playing well !! As they say, "Its not getting beaten that hurts.. but when you lose to a loser..." - not to say that the South African team is anything to scoff at, but when you have a team at 76 for six, well.. Excuse my anger, but this performance, if one can call it that, made me miss something rather important - At the end of the day, it seems the Indian team is.. unable to climax, as they say.

When you gaotta gah, you gotta gah.

No comments: