Sunday, November 26, 2006

Banking Woes

Ouch.
Went to UBI today to get an account renewed, and to transfer some stuff from a matured FD.... It took THREE HOURS of their, and what is infinitely worse, MY time, just to change a minor account to a major. The software they were using crashed in the process of scanning my signature (What ? It wasn't my fault ! So I have a ... complicated signature. Big deal.), and then, the teller forgot his password, and the manager was in the bathroom... you get the general gist. The form was obviously designed by someone who loves to state the obvious.. four times over. There were separate fields for Phone Number, Contact Number, Home Number, Mobile Number. By the end of it, I was bored, irritated, and fourteen signatures weaker for my labours (you cannot truly appreciate the amount of energy and control my signature requires unless you see it - a video of myself signing a document can, and has been mistaken for a badly choreographed fight in a cheap Kung Fu movie). After ALL of this, I find, that my new account contains.. guess... oh I insist, go ahead and guess... nope. Wrong. My new account contains the Great, Grand and Glorious amount of seven hundred and fifty three rupees . The car parking fees for parking in front of the bank for three hours, amounted to a nice round twenty.
I come home, and what do I find ? What, but those deceivers-most-dreadful, those creatures-most-cunning, those who give new meaning to the phrase caveat emptor - salesmen. No less then four were crowded in front of the door, and I was besieged. I, sadly, did not emerge unscathed from the battle, being forty rupees lighter, and holding a bottle of floor cleaner as proof of my experiences.
Mbleh. Oh well. Let me see.. what news do I have ? Hmmmm...

1 comment:

the transient twilight said...

A salesman sold you a floor cleaner?????

and your signature made the computer crash!!!!!!!!(????????......)