Thursday, March 09, 2006

Joint Entrance Examinations


Well, they've gone and done it again - Bloody bong board ! And I quote : " Due to the upcoming elections, the WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) dates has been changed to May 20th and May 21st 2006. Physics (which will be held from 11 AM to 1 PM) will be taken in the first half and Mathematics (which will be held from 2 PM to 4 PM) would be taken in the second half. On the second day, Chemistry and Biology would be taken. More information will be available on this from March 11 on http://jexab.becs.ac.in/ . Admit cards has been scheduled to arrive a month before the actual tests. " - discounting the numerous grammatical errors, the fact of the matter is the the examination dates have been changed from 22nd and 23rd April to 20th and 21st May - nearly a *&^%$# month ! Because of Elections ! I am going to murder the Election Commission. As it is, I have sent them a letter, telling them, in terms which I had to look up from a thesarus, of my acute displeasure at their moronic decisions. Mbleh !
As they say - Kee bolbo Guru, Shei Nursery theke shuru : It starts right from kindergarten - you have to pass your classes, and that's " All you have to do " ; in every class, you have to " Do well in your exams " and that's " All you have to do ". ICSE ? just pass this, and its all over. Then comes 11th std, and ISC. Then IIT. WBJEE. ISI. Then actually studying there and passing the classes there. Then getting a job... the list goes on. Shei Nursery theke shuru, aar akebare Morle shesh. ( and not even there, if the subscribers to the theory of reincarnation are to be believed ).
The most devastating fact, of course, is one that everyone who knows me has already noticed ( Or Else ! ) : My birthday is on the 20th of May. I get to give the bloody WBJEE examinations on my 18th Birthday ! ( For those among you who are of less than average grammatical intellect, that was NOT an exclamation of "joy". It was expressing my acute distaste, displeasure and overall Marvin-like disposition. ). Instead of celebrating my "Coming of Age", and being magically transformed from a 'minor' to an 'adult', I get to fill bubble sheets. Oh JOY !
We had our Physics Examination todaay. The numericals were very easy, but the definitions and derivations which we were asked for were... stupid (?). A lot of people got their brains fried ( thankfully, Yours Boringly was not one of them ), and I am told that the ISC Council might be on the receiving end of quite a few Death Threats . Oh well !

- Bye, and Best Wishes, Debayan Gupta .

P.S. : Dibyayan - send me some photos of You And Your Friends from All The Way Over There - a lot of people here want to see you.
P.P.S. : Down with the ISC ! Kill the Infidels ! Kill Them . Kill them All !
Later P.S. : Dibyayan was right. Look at what they did to me. My impeccable Ungrezi is ruined forever ! Whaaaaaaaaa...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guru, JEE ke khoma kore dao. I suggest you edit your 'PS:' post as there are a few grammatical errors present. We don't want our good friends impeccable engrezi to be tarnished now :). I'll send you some pictures of my friends now. Take care - Your friend from halfway round the globe :Dibyayan

sv3 said...

The first pic is funny...its hard to imagine dibyayan in a suit.
Baki chhobi-gulo to Hi5-e chhilo...but the title is something new...

The bit abotu your b'day is tragic indeed. Now you know how I feel... my birthday is on the 5th of March - exam season.

BTW, Saad has your "Ptolemy's Gate"... tell me when you're visiting the school again, and I'll ask Saad to return your book. Also plz bring along your debate material.

Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

hey........after wbjee.......TREAT!!!